Calling all football fans!
Super Bowl is this weekend and whether or not your team is playing (mine is – Go Pats!), you’ll most likely be attending (or hosting) a Super Bowl party. And even if you’re staying at home for the big game, these will work just as great – if not better – watching (and eating) from the comfort of your own couch.
While the Super Bowl is traditionally known for it’s fattening, unhealthy food, I wanted to provide an alternate option:
Enter my Healthy Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
These are a fun snack that you eat with your hands, so even if you aren’t scarfing down nachos & wings, you won’t be left out of the finger food party.
And if you aren’t a fan of lettuce wraps, I’ve even included an alternate recipe idea for Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dippers. Which are possibly the most perfect healthy Super Bowl snack, ever.
Now, while I’m not personally a huge fan of wings or anything super spicy, I do love the crunchiness and mild kick of these little chicken nugs. And they’re so easy to make, trust me when I say even a novice can’t mess them up.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup FRANKS Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (or the original FRANKS Red Hot sauce)
- 2 cups plain Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Head Living Lettuce (or butter lettuce)
- 1 Avocado, diced
- Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- Shredded Carrots
- Bolthouse Farms Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing or Marie’s Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing (both made with yogurt instead of mayo and only 35 calories per serving!)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Pour 1/2 cup of FRANKS Red Hot Buffalo sauce over the chicken and allow to marinate for at least 30 mins in the fridge.
- When the chicken is done marinating, drop each piece into the Panko breadcrumbs and coat thoroughly.
- Drop each piece onto a pre-greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 mins.
- If chicken is not crispy on both sides you can turn them over and put it back under the broiler for 2 mins to crisp it.
- Begin layering the chicken inside the lettuce wraps.
- Add the avocado, tomato, and shredded carrots. You could also add other veggies like bell pepper and green onion.
- Top with the Bolthouse Farms bleu cheese dressing and an extra drizzle of FRANKS Red Hot if you’d like.
Keep reading for how to make my Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dippers!
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dippers
As an alternate recipe, these bite sized chicken nuggets make great dippers! If you intend to use them for this purpose, make sure to cut the chicken into slightly larger pieces (enough to hold a toothpick for dipping).
You can drizzle additional FRANKS Red Hot sauce on them straight out of the oven and use the Bolthouse Farms (or Marie’s) bleu cheese for a healthy dipping sauce. Or, use a real bleu cheese dressing. I won’t judge.
Now, there’s nothing left to do but enjoy the game with a full belly!
Who are you rooting for this Super Bowl? And what’s your favorite Super Bowl snack? Let me know in the comments below!