Where to Get The Best Clip in Hair Extensions
For years I was in search of the best clip in hair extensions to match my multi-shade balayage hair. Since my roots are very dark and fade into a bright blonde at the ends, it was hard to find a perfect match in hair extensions. I knew I wanted blonde at the ends, but the extensions were always fully blonde without any fade, so the blonde clips stuck out like a sore thumb on my level 5 dark roots!
So after much research and googling “custom colored human hair extensions” about 1 million times, I discovered a company called Miellee hair. Miellee is a hair extension company that sells custom colored, 100% human hair extensions to match your hair exactly. It was my dream come true!
So, I contacted them on a whim, not knowing if I would hear back or not, but the owner Claudine emailed me personally to find out exactly what I was looking for and see how she could help. Honestly, I can’t say enough good things about Miellee’s amazing customer service, which is another reason I have been wearing these hair extensions exclusively since 2016.
So, a little bit more about the best clip in hair extensions I’ve ever worn: the hair itself is super high quality, 100% remy human hair. It’s so soft I can’t stop touching it! There is absolutely no filler/plastic hair mixed in, and there is no synthetic coating on the hair. It doesn’t have that fake plasticy smell that hair extensions sometimes have. Ya know what I mean? You can do everything to these that you would do with your normal hair: brush, curl, straighten, wash, and blow dry.
Also, not only is the color customizable, but pretty much everything about the hair is custom as well. You can choose the length, weight, texture (straight, beach wave, or super curly), number of wefts, size of wefts, grams of hair on each weft, number of clips, etc. You get the point…the possibilities are literally endless! Instead of buying a pre-packaged “set” from other hair extension companies, you’ll get exactly what you want every time.
And, since Mielle is a small, female owned company, the owner Claudine is very hands on throughout the entire process. Think of it kinda like bringing your hair extensions into your own hairdresser to have them colored….except you’ll save a ton of money because Miellee does not add any extra charges for matching color, it’s all included in the price!
Here are a few examples of what Miellee can do. This is also a great option for redheads who may not be able to find a good match with other hair extension companies. And if you’ve always wanted mermaid hair, they do that, too!
Also, it’s important to mention that these clip in hair extensions are not only for long hair. If you have shoulder length hair that is super fine, you can also use them to add volume and a healthy bounce. Since Miellee hand makes and customizes everything, you can order them the same length as your hair!
And, I only mention clip in hair extensions because that is the type of hair extensions I prefer, but Miellee also does tape in hair and sells just the wefts if you’d like to sew in the clips yourself. They also make clip in bangs, which I have been dying to try!
If you have another custom type of hair extension style that you’ve been wanting to try, they have been known to design many custom pieces for celebrities and performers (ponytails, halo extensions, etc.)
So, in terms of the specific clip in hair extensions I get (pictured above), here are the details:
Color: Custom balayage with bright blonde ends (I always advise going lighter on the ends of your extensions so you don’t have to fry your real hair with bleach!)
Texture: Beach wave (I find that this style holds a curl perfectly!)
Weight: My extensions are about 200g, but I have pretty thick hair naturally and needed extra weight to make the blending look natural. If you have thinner hair you won’t need nearly as much. I would say the average person needs about 150g or so? But Claudine will be able to advise you on this! (See more on that below).
Wefts: I have 4 wefts total. Two 6″ wefts and two 4″ wefts. I do this configuration instead of larger 8″ wefts so I can easily place them in different areas around my head, in case I want to do a side braid or a style that requires a part down the middle.
So, if you’re interested in getting your own set of the best clip in hair extensions ever, here are the steps you need to take.
How to get your own set of the best clip in hair extensions from Miellee:
- Email Claudine at Miellee (email@example.com) or visit their Etsy shop so you can see all the wonderful reviews she has! If you’re skeptical about ordering from the website for whatever reason, ordering from Etsy is a good way to have peace of mind about your first transaction.
- When she gets back to you (she is very responsive and you should hear back within a few hours) send over a couple photos of your hair color. One in natural daylight/sunlight, and one in inside light. This helps to match the colors of your hair and the variances it may have in different lighting conditions. I also sent a photo of my hair half up in the back so she could see what my hair looked like throughout.
- Discuss with Claudine the weight, number of wefts, and size of wefts you’d like. This was the most difficult part of the process for me because I hate making decisions (lol), but she will guide you through! Also, if you want any advice from me feel free to reach out! You can DM me on Instagram or email me and we can figure it out together 🙂
- Wait until she colors the hair and then she will send over several approval images before shipping. If you have a concern while reviewing the images, don’t hesitate to ask her! She can always make touch ups before she ships them to you.
- Enjoy your new, perfectly blended hair extensions and get ready to receive tons of compliments on your gorgeous, flowy locks 🙂
As I mentioned above, feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about the hair, the ordering process, or anything else I haven’t addressed here. I truly believe in this company 100% and honestly cannot recommend them enough!
If you want to see more photos of the extensions in my hair you can visit my Instagram page. I don’t wear them every day, but you can get a good idea of how natural they look! And to see more of what Miellee Hair does you can visit their Instagram page right here!