Today I am talking about everyone’s favorite fabric…denim!
It’s not unusual to see hints of denim in designers’ collections year round…and Summer is certainly no exception!
Now, while the weight of the denim fabric may be lighter for summer (as opposed to heavier Winter weight fabrics), the styles are still super cool.
I purposely did not include any denim shorts in this post, because I plan on doing an entire post on those very soon. They are, without a doubt, a Summer staple for pretty much every girl so I think they deserve a post all of their own, don’t ya think?
Anyway, here are a few highlights from my top denim picks:
- First off, these fringe hem jeans are a favorite of mine. You can easily wear them with strappy heels, but they are also cropped enough so that flat sandals would work just as well. You can see how I styled mine with some fishnet socks in this post.
- I am loving anything ruffled this season, and if it’s also one shoulder? It’s a win/win! This dress checks the box on both of those, and can be worn to a dressy event with some heels or during the day with some strappy flats. Perhaps some lace up pom pom sandals? (Score this pair for under $20!)
- The denim overall skirt may come in a close second to denim shorts as a wardrobe staple this season. Be prepared to see tons of overall skirt styles this Summer. There are so many ways to wear them – with a crop top during super hot days – but they also can transition into Fall, layered with a long sleeve shirt as shown here.
- And what good is an outfit if you don’t have a statement shoe to give it that extra pop of sass? These shoes are a bit more than what I would normally pay, but they’re so unique I just had to feature them! For a more wearable basic shoe, try these ruffled high heel mules.
- And, of course, denim can also be found in nearly every accessory this season, as seen in this hat, this bandana scarf, and this modern edgy purse.
So, what other denim styles have you been loving for Summer? I personally can’t wait to rock an overall skirt, so stay tuned for that coming soon.
If you don’t want to miss out on that look, plus the HUGE denim shorts roundup I have in the works, you should probably sign up for my newsletter. I promise I won’t bombard you with countless daily emails (only about 1 or 2x a month).
And finally, I want to thank all of you who follow along with my daily content on my social media channels. Please continue to tag me in your posts, share with your friends, and spread the love! And for those who aren’t following, why don’ you get in on the action? I can be found on: Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest! 🙂