So, unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past few months, you know that velvet anything is a hot trend right now.
And while it’s easy to wear velvet for fancier occasions (like winter weddings and holiday parties), I’ve been getting a ton of questions on how to wear velvet for a more casual or everyday look.
I’ve selected my top picks (all under $60) to demonstrate how to wear velvet for everyday occasions. So, whether it’s a touch of velvet in a hair bow or another accessory like a backpack (also comes in black and pink!), these velvet looks will keep you on trend without looking like you stepped straight off the Oscar’s red carpet.
How to wear velvet for everyday casual:
- First of all, I’m obsessed with this taupe colored pull-over sweatshirt. The color is so netural and perfect, it could be paired with just about anything. Wear it with jeans and flats for a perfect weekend look.
- And, how cute are these furry velvet loafers?! Ahh, I can’t even. They also come in a gorgeous emerald green and black, too! Wear them with uneven raw hem jeans for the ultimate trendy girl vibe.
- Bomber jackets are so in right now. Incorporate some crushed velvet like this bomber jacket and *BAM* another perfect casual go-to outfit.
- If you want to add just a touch of velvet to your look, try these adorable hair bows or this teal green scarf. I’d love to see it paired with a grey wool jacket!
- Velvet leggings pair perfectly underneath a chunky knit sweater like this one or this one by Kendall & Kylie. And, the cranberry red color of these leggings makes them perfectly festive for the holidays, too.
- As for velvet outerwear, this long quilted velvet coat works with a simple white blouse and jeans. It can also be worn over a leather skirt and tights to keep you warm on those winter nights.
- And finally, these taupe boots. I am practically drooling over the lush crushed velvet and neutral color of these babies. Even though these have quite a large heel, you could pair them with jeans during the day, and then a dressier look for a night out.
I hope these tips inspired you if you were wondering how to wear velvet for a laid-back everyday vibe. What’s your favorite way to wear casual velvet? Let me know in the comments below!